Job Description / Responsibilities
Steele helps today’s compliance professionals increase the effectiveness of their training and communications programs with innovative microlearning content. As a talented Software Engineer, you will continue the development and support of our SaaS solutions.
- Software development using .NET and C#, ASP.NET, MVC, jQuery, React, MS SQL and possibly other languages and technologies relevant to the Steele’s SaaS applications.
- Customer/Production support of existing and new products/features.
- Maintaining and extending the existing SaaS applications, databases, and supporting scripts using software development methods consistent with industry best practices.
- Pursuing code paths that hint at potential problems that could impact the Steele’s Compliance applications, data integrity, and/or user experience and document findings.
- Documenting application issues (“bugs”) and possible resolutions for future reference.
- Making iterative improvements to the application as needed to match aesthetic or performance expectations.
- Developing suitable automated tests for new code.
- Conforming with established coding standards, patterns and industry best practices.
- Considering the broader impact of new or modified code on the entire application and whether the code may have undesirable consequences for other developers.
- Clearly documenting new or modified code, particularly in the case of novel coding patterns.
- Documenting development activities using TFS and Azure DevOps.
- Performing peer code reviews and engaging in collaborative projects.
- Maintaining confidentiality information being processed or accessed and the names of clients who may be using the application.
- Four-year college or university education required, preferably in a technical discipline such as Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of overall software development experience of which at least 1-year SaaS development.
- 2+ years of hands on experience using development tools: Visual Studio, TFS, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Be knowledgeable with MVC software design patterns, Agile development methodologies.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Able to thrive in a remote work environment.
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services and SSIS
Benefits and Salary: We offer competitive salary, medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We work to maintain the best possible for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the Company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
To Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
|Job Category||Software Development|